Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break

There has been a lack of posting here.  I apologize for that.  Luke is 9 months and 1 week and as you can see, no letter has been written yet.... because we are still recovering.  
Here's the story.
We all went to Michigan for spring break to meet my new niece Charlotte 
(which was heaven because she is the sweetest little angel... ever)
Visited our dear friends and their son Easton, who is obviously Luke's brother from another mother. 
and then I went on to spend a week at my sister's in Holland.  We went downtown, ate at Cranes, stopped by the best place ever (which also happened to be my high school job), went swimming, worked out, watched movies, and of corse played and played and played.
and then.  
The day before we left for home... 
We had an attack of
 - - - the ORANGE vomit - - - 
My sweet little orange puker started with the bug and so graciously passed it to my niece Abbi, my unsuspecting brother-in-law Dave, and his puke catching, down the pants/in the hair Mama.  I know some of you can relate to how horrible it is to have a sick baby, but not all of us are so lucky to have a sick vomiting baby in someone else's home.  
You get an extra measure of 
uncomfortable 
watching your son vomit orange nastiness on 
someone else's 
carpet, toys, and couch.  
Lucky for me, I have the sweetest sister in the world who did not freak out or banish us from her home 
(which is something I would have considered)!  
Instead, 
she felt bad for us and then helped clean up the mess.  
WOW.
She may not have thought twice about it, but that incredible act of kindness was truly the hands and feet of Jesus to Luke and I.  What an example! I will not soon forget it. 
Love you Jenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...