Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mommy week #1

I just spent a fabulous week with my older sister Jen.  She flew down from Michigan with sweet baby Emily and I drove up from T-town with Luke.  We met in Nashville at our parents house (who so graciously let us hang there) for a week of mommy time.  
Can i just say-
SO.
MUCH.
FUN.
and long over due!  So much awesomeness happened that week!  We ate, played, shopped, cooked, talked, walked, witness a stray hot air balloon nearly miss my car on the landing,
went to an amazing art exhibit only to be totally unprepared, ate some more (worth it), and barely slept. Nothing changed in the sleep department, but at least this time it was due to late night chats and not a screaming babies- well maybe a little of both :).  


Luke and Emily got along great!  We were some-what relieved to see how sweet they were to each other b/c this happened last time they were together. You can see how cute they are in this pic- holding hands and everything.... awwwww! :)  
This will be a yearly event (just so you know Jen) I plan to make happen.  Maybe next year we'll spend our "Mommy week" in Holland... and maybe we'll add another sister by then??? (hint hint) :). 
Jen- you teach me so much about being a mom.  You are a selfless, fun, confident, creative, incredible mommy that I always learn so much from.   Thanks for being a wonderful sister to me and best friend.  I can't wait to see you again for Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love your blog. And I love your family. So glad to hear that you were able to spend some quality time in Nashville. Keep those Kayser updates coming...even though that Kayser name only applies to Larry and Anne now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melis! I loved spending time with you and Luke. And it was an extra bonus seeing the whole fam! And sister visit in Holland would be awesome! You are an amazing woman, wife and mother. Luke and Eric are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie- u in da club. We'll let you come next year without a baby but you HAVE to be pregnant... deal? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...