Friday, October 29, 2010

¡buen provecho

Anyone who knows me knows I am a big fan of California Pizza Kitchen.  I haven't tried everything on the menu yet, but I dare them to make something I wouldn't like- that's just how I feel.  I remembered when I tried this and thought to myself-
 "Self, you can make this!"
Well, it has been months since I ate the little goodness on a plate and haven't even attempted to whip it up for myself.  But Hooray for us! Mexican Night made it to the the Hoffman Household!  Fajitas, bell peppers, and......  Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy Guacamole!!!

Melissa's version- mmm mmm good Guacamole 

I didn't follow a recipe I just threw everything in a bowl.  When your dealing with ingredients that make up the Guac- you can't go wrong. Try my version if you like... and you will :).

1 large chopped avocado
1/2 of a tomato- chopped
Chop in half a green pepper and use 3/4 of the half  (you follow?)
A couple sprigs cilantro- finely chopped
2/3 cup corn 
2/3 cup black beans
Sea salt- to taste
Garlic Powder- to taste
Onion Powder- to taste ( I prefer this to chopped onions personally, but to each his own)
A couple splashes of Key Lime Juice- I'd like to think it gave it a little somethin' extra.  (it's all I had in the fridge, I'm sure lime juice would be the normal ingredient)
Ramekin or other cute dish for shaping   

¡buen provecho :)



4 comments:

  1. you're becoming such a little chef! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! i've been obsessed with guac lately! trying this asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool- post a pic I wanna see yours! I was thinking of adding red and yellow pepper to it next time- the more the merrier right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought everything to make this tonight and forgot the tortilla chips!

    I plan to make some barbecue succotash with the leftover peppers, onions, corn and black beans!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...