Thursday, January 20, 2011

Holland, MI- my hometown

I just got home from a week and one day trip to Holland, MI- my home town.  My older sister lives there with her hubby and 2 kids.  It's been several years since I've spent any significant time in Holland, and I found this trip to be one of the sweetest times I've had there in years.  The snow was incredible.  Every time I looked out the window I was in awe of the beautifully large fluffy flakes floating quietly to the ground.  It was truly spectacular.
The major highlight of the trip was spending real quality time with my sister and her family and the long overdue reunion with my dear friends who have been apart of my life since high school.   I also got to see my best bud Allison, who drove all the way from Ann Arbor for a Friday night visit.  I cannot explain how much fun I had with everyone!Obviously, I could not tell you about this trip without mentioning the massive amounts of delicious food I indulged in.  I ate like a CHAMP, enjoying all my local Holland favorites.   Everything tasted even better than I remembered! I spent my last day of the trip in Spring Arbor with Eric's family, who so graciously drove me back to the Detroit airport.  Also, in case you were wondering, Luke was the perfect traveler (which I know was due to the massive amounts of prayer I asked for concerning our travels).  Such a GREAT trip reminding me again of how grateful I am for the meaningful relationships in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...