Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rocked my face off!

The other day I went to Subway for lunch- I have to interject here. This blog is not about Subway but I promise to devote a blog post about my L.O.V.E. for Subway another time. Aren't you excited? Anyway, back to the point of this post. After eating my delicious Subway sandwich I was just not satisfied. I needed one more... something. You know what I'm talking about, the "I was trying to be good at lunch and just eat a small turkey sandwich". Who was I kidding? I wanted more and something SWEET! Lucky me there is this quaint little bakery next to this particular Subway called Celebrations Bakery. They make all kinds of baked goods in there like wedding cakes, cookies, and other pastries. So I decided to indulge and see what they might have to satisfy my craving. When I walked in and looked at the display case of goodies, surprisingly nothing was catching my eye. I looked to the right of the glass display case and there, taped to the outside of the case was a small white piece of paper that said "ask about our strawberry cupcakes in the back".

"YUM! Strawberry cupcakes!", I thought.

So I told the cashier, "One strawberry cupcake please". With a smile and a polite nod she whisked to the back of the bakery and came back with a small white box with a cute sticker closing the seam. I thought wow how special I just came in to grab a quick something to satisfy my sweet tooth and I got a specially wrapped treat. I paid the cashier walked out the bakery and sat on the brick ledge outside the store. I carefully tore the sticker from the seam and opened the white box. There inside was one beautifully crafted pink cupcake. I carefully peeled away the cupcake wrapper and took my first bite.....

OH. MY. GOSH.

Heaven in my mouth! So moist and delicious! So light and refreshing! Absolutely the best strawberry cupcake I have ever had. The cake part was chilled and had a moist batter with real strawberries throughout. The frosting.... Oh the frosting. It was also chilled and had real strawberries pureed in it. It was so light and creamy. I don't know if it was a cool whip frosting or a cream cheese frosting. All I know is it was perfect. Sadly, I cannot find a recipe that truly resembles what I ate today, but I did find this one
and this one that may come close. I haven't tried to make it yet so I can't say for sure, but I am really HOPING.

So my plug and ridiculously long blog about one cupcake I ate is from Celebrations Bakery
here in Northport Alabama. If you have a chance to go, do it! And ask for the strawberry cupcakes in the back. You will not be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! I most definitely need to make a pitstop while I'm home this weekend? Will I get to see you tomorrow night? Say yes! I miss your sweet smiling face. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...