Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Oh how I love this time of year.  Christmas Eve we went to church together, Eric lead part of the service and as soon as he walked out to begin Luke yelled, "Der my Daddy!!"  This year they also read the Christmas story from the Jesus Story Book Bible, Luke's favorite book.  As the pastor was reading it, Luke kept yelling intermittently through-out "JESUS!!!!"  He kept giving away the ending!  While I was sweating profusely from afar watching my loud and not so still 2 year old standing at the front of the church leaning over kids to see the story book, I hoped I would look back some day and think it was cute... right?

We went back home to finish our celebration.  Nana and Papa were also there.  Luke got to open his stocking, a new tradition we started this year.

Oh... this is so exciting!


 
 He got a Hex Bug... they are crazy looking and move in a creepy realistic way.  He LOVED it.



He also got a tootsie roll bank, but had no idea at all that they were candy.  We didn't tell him :) We just let him put them in and dump them out... put them in and dump them out....

 I love that we get to start new traditions as a family.  I love that sweet baby Weston was sleeping away so peacefully.  I love that my parents live so close that they can experience fun evenings like this with us.  Thank you Lord, for so many blessings in our life.  We are so grateful you came hear to earth as a baby to save us all.  Oh, what a Savior!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...